Monday, November 30, 2009

Like kid in a candy shop

Wow, I have 50 followers!
It's a big compliment to me, I'm so happy you have found something that keeps you coming back. And please, leave comments, I love to know who you are and what you like :)



I feel like a small kid in a candy shop now. Just bought so many new yarns, the basket is filled. And more coming tomorrow!
Some of them are for custom orders, some for experimenting with new designs.

I have a basic policy to use only natural fibers.When I started knitting years ago, main criterion for yarn buying was cheap price. In last year it has changed: I value more quality than quantity and I want my designs to last longer than two washings.
You'll find no acrylic in my stock, mostly wool, merino wool, silk, alpaca, bamboo, cotton and mix of them.
Yep, acrylics are cheap, but loose shape quicker than natural materials and crunch under the fingers while knitting. I do make exeptions for some effect yarns, but usually artificial is outsider in our house.

2 comments:

Betty Manousos said...

Ann, i feel the same. I love all of my followers.BTW. Do you follow me?!

Congrats and love the pic over there.
hugs hugs

Steph said...

Every time I see cute knitted things, I say "I wish I could do that." But then I realize I have ZERO patience to do it! Very cute things!

...stopping by from SITS...

Steph @ Stick It in the Fridge

pleasestickitinthefridge.blogspot.com