Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Craft house will be open on Friday!

I've been waiting for this for soo long!
We had an exclusive peak to our new craft house which will be officially open to guests on Friday.

There are more than ten open studios where visitors can see artists working and participate in different workshops. And they still have some rooms availible, which keep me thinking of my own studio too.. But I already have a full time job and at the moment I'm not ready to quit it.

One of my favorites is Raina's workroom, where she creates amazing hand felted pictures. Her favorites are landscapes and flowers, I fell in love with one blossom cherry tree picture. The big picture on the photo is made for exhibition.




Besides Raina you can meet a lot of interesting people with fascinating stories.
Eddi is the best known ceramist in town, former major Margus Rebane is making baskets from willow and newspapers.
The women are felting, knitting, making jewelry and leather items, there are textile artists, a doll house, carpet chamber and a lot more interesting.

On the first floor the gallery is selling applied art and crafts made in same house. Whenever you come to Pärnu, the place is really worth to visit. The address is Uus5, the house is open from Tue-Fri 11-17 and on Saturdays 11-15.

0 comments: